| xtelsio CTI Client in combination with cobra Adress PLUSŪ
cobra Adress PLUS is a product of the cobra GmbH. http://www.cobra.de
Hint: The special functions for cobra Adress PLUS are supported only in the Professional version. Application was tested with Adress PLUS 10.
|Advantages to use of xtelsio CTI Client in combination with Adress PLUS are:
- You can use the LCR function with free update of the LCR table.
- The extended functions for phone control are available to you like Consultation and Toggle calls.
- The integrated CAPI Connector can be used to phone via ISDN card and headset.
|Linking of an Adress PLUS database
|Steps to link an Adress PLUS database in xtelsio
- [File> New Folder Linking ...> ODBC, Outlook, Text files ...]
- Choose in dialog "Type of Data Source" the entry [cobra Adress PLUS].
- In the dialog "Name and Content" you can change the suggested folder name and contents type if necessary.
- In the dialog "Data Source" you have to select the database (*.adr file). By default the currently used Adress PLUS database is shown.
- You should keep the defaults in dialog "Cache" at first.
- Hitting [Finish] finishs the dialog sequence.
- => the Adress PLUS database is now visible as a new folder.
Change binded columns/fields:
- By default the fields with information about the name and address, phone, email and homepage are binded.
- To change binded columns, click with the right mouse key on the folder and choose [Properties (folder)].
- Now you can bind additional columns or vote out not required columns in Tab "Column Selection".
- In Tab "Column Properties" you have to set the content type and the category for the new columns. More infos...
Adapt data mask individually:
- Select a record in the linked cobra Adress PLUS folder and open the accompanying data mask by F2 key or context menu.
- By the right tool button you can switch the data form in the editor's mode and arrange the fields by own requirements.
Refresh view of changed records (synchronisation):
- If records have been modified, added or deleted in cobra Adress PLUS, these changes are not visible immediately in xtelsio CTI Client, because of data cache. To make changes visible, the following synchronisation modes are supported:
- manual synchronisation of the complete folder: Mark in the folder and press the functional key F5. Then all changed records are read in anew. If you press F5 within 5 seconds again, the folder is completely read in anew.
- manual synchronisation of a record: If you stand in the folder structure on a record and hit the F5 key, this record is read in anew. A record is likewise read in anew if it's opened in the data form.
- Automatic synchronisation of the complete folder: By default, linked folders are synchronised once per week. The synchronisation interval can be adapted individually via [Folder > Properties > Cache].
Tip: Open contact directly in cobra Adress PLUS:
- A click on the button left to opens the contact for further actions directly in cobra Adress PLUS.The same function is also available via record context menu.
|Dialing phone numbers in Adress PLUS
|There are three ways to dial phone numbers:
- Dial by Hotkey
- Dial by middle mouse key (example with Outlook)
- Dial by phone icon behind the phone number fields:
- Configure at first the phone settings:
[Menu > Communication > Phone Settings...]
- Select on the dialog page "Hard- / Software" the mode "Microsoft TAPI 2.x" and under [Model > Settings...] the device "CTI Client TAPI-Connector".
Configure the other settings like in Screenshot.
- On dialog page "Incoming phone calls" turn off the option "Amtsvorwahl vorangestellt".
- If you click now on a phone icon behind a phone number field, the Phone Dialog from Adress PLUS opens and the call is initiated by xtelsio CTI Client. As soon as the phone call was accepted, it is switched to the Contact Dialog.
|Show Incoming calls / open record in cobra Adress PLUS
Incoming calls are indicated via phone popup window.
- A left mouse click on the button opens the contact data mask of xtelsio CTI Client. The data mask can be opened with a an incoming phone call also automatically - see folder option:
- [Context menu of the folder > Properties (folder) > Properties]
- A click on the button to the left opens the contact for further actions directly in cobra Adress PLUS. (Screenshot with example for Outlook contact)
- While opening a record in Adress PLUS via xtelsio CTI Client, a so-called OLE connection is etablished between both applications. This OLE connection will be closed while finishing the CTI Client and this enforce also the closing of Adress PLUS.
Signalling incoming calls in Adress PLUS:
- In parallel with xtelsio client CTI the phone calls are signalised - according to configuration - also directly by cobra Adress PLUS. You can switch on or switch off this call announcement:
- [Menu > Communication > Phone Settings... > Incoming Phone Calls > Announcements]
|cobra Adress PLUS is a product of the cobra GmbH. http://www.cobra.de
Adress PLUSŪ is a registered trademark of the cobra GmbH.