If necessary, install the TAPI driver of the telephone system and the xtelsio CTI Server on the server computer.
If you want to use the CTI Server on a telephone system with a central TAPI driver, the installation of the TAPI driver must be carried out in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. If the driver doesn't work after the installation immediately, the computer has to be re-booted. You modify the TAPI driver settings still later under: [Start > Control Panel > Phone and Modem Options > Advanced]. In this dialog, select the TAPI driver and then click [Configure ...].
If the TAPI drivers are installed on the client PCs or the CTI Clients use a built-in telephone connector, no additional TAPI driver is required on the server.
Un-zip the ZIP archive and then run setup.exe.
Follow the setup dialogs. The proposed basic settings you should usually can take over unchanged.
xtelsio CTI Server stores its dates and settings in the working directory that was declared by the installation. The default setting is:
Which working directory is currently set, is stored in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\xtelsio CTI Server\WorkDir
See: Server Configuration
On the network workstations only the xtelsio CTI Clients are to be installed (Standard or Professional). The required Server-Connector is already included in the Client setup.
Connect CTI Client 3.x with CTI Server
- The CTI Server Connector is to be activated at:
[Options > Customize > Components and Plugins > CTI Server].
Then restart the client.
- Create and configure a new "CTI Server connection" under [Options > CTI Server].
In this dialog, enter the IP address of the CTI Server and the account data.
- It is preferable to use the Windows login name.
However, an extra password should be assigned in the CTI Server (not the Windows password).
- First of all, a Client has to be created in the CTI Server ...
- Select TAPI device in the CTI Client ...
- Case 1: A central TAPI driver is available in the CTI Server and the Clients are each assigned a TAPI-Line right in the Server.
- Under [Options > PhoneDialog (TAPI device)] click "Select TAPI device".
In the following dialog the CTI Server should be displayed to the left.
Then select your TAPI device on right side.
- Case 2: The TAPI device is linked locally in the CTI Client (for example a Yealink telephone, SIP SoftPhone or TAPI via USB).
- In this case, no TAPI device is to be configured in the Server.
- However, via a group in the CTI Server, e.g. a busy lamp field can be realized.