The data binding to Access is done ODBC. Therefore the following information also applies in general to ODBC data sources.
- If you don't have an Access database, you can use the example database and adapt it to your needs: WORKING_DIRECTORY\test-db-access\contacts.mdb
- Tips to manage shared address data.
To link an Access table:
- [PhoneBook > New > New Folder-Linking... > Outlook, ODBC, Textfiles...]
- Choose the entry [ODBC] in the dialog "Type of Data Source".
- In the dialog "Name and Content" you can change the suggested folder name and contents type if necessary.
- With [Next] the dialog "Select Data Source" from the Windows ODBC manager appears. Here you are able to either:
- In the dialog "Select Table from ODBC Data Source" now all tables of the Access database are listed. Mark the desired table and hit [Next].
- In the dialog "Column Selection" you can vote out not required columns. Hint: The first column should always contain the record ID (auto ID field of Access).
- In dialog "Column Properties" the columns have to be typecast by their contents.
- In dialog "Cache" you should keep the defaults and close the dialog sequence with [Finish].
- => the Access table is now visible in the folder structure.
If you want to link several Access tables in the CTI Client, you have to repeat the procedure accordingly.
Later modifications of the folder settings:
- Right-click the folder and choose [Properties (folder)].
Adapt data mask individually:
- Select a record in the linked Access folder and open the accompanying data mask by F2 key or context menu.
- You can use the tool button to switch the input mask to editor mode and arrange the fields according to your own requirements. More infos...
Refresh view of changed records (synchronisation):
If records have been modified, added or deleted in Access, these changes are not visible immediately in xtelsio CTI Client, because of data cache. To make changes visible, the following synchronisation modes are supported:
- manual synchronisation of the complete folder: Mark in the folder and press the functional key F5. Then all changed records are read in anew. If you press F5 within 5 seconds again, the folder is completely read in anew.
- manual synchronisation of a record: If you stand in the folder structure on a record and hit the F5 key, this record is read in anew. A record is likewise read in anew if it's opened in the data form.
- Automatic synchronisation of the complete folder: By default, linked folders are synchronised once per week. The synchronisation interval can be adapted individually via [Folder > Properties > Cache].
There are three ways to dial phone numbers:
Incoming calls are indicated via phone popup window.
- A click on the button opens the contact data mask of xtelsio CTI Client.
- The data mask can be opened with a an incoming phone call also automatically - see folder option: [Context menu of the folder > Properties (folder) > Properties]