The following notes are used to configure the CTI Client in conjunction with Grandstream IP phones.
For Grandstream phones, the configuration instructions are basically the same as for Snom phones.
Supported Grandstream phones
The phones use fixed login names ("admin" and "user"). In the web configuration, only the password can be changed/set to these users.
If multiple SIP identities are configured in the phone, you should use the username "admin" in the TAPI driver for authentication, so that the identities can be read out.
Test: You should specifically test with Internet Explorer if you can open to the Grandstream web configuration. If no login window appears after calling the Grandstream IP address, please delete your browser history and try again.
GXV3240: For this model, the user name should be "gmiadmin" or "user". The use of "gmiadmin" for CTI allows a parallel web login as "admin". For "gmiadmin" the same password applies as for "admin".
Necessary settings in the Grandstream web configuration:
- Click-To-Dial: The following setting must be activated in the phone: [Settings > Call Features > Click-To-Dial Feature].
- Settings for "Remote Control"
Problem with Action URLs:
The following notes can be ignored if you use the "TAPI for Asterisk" driver.
- The GXP21xx telephones (firmware version 184.108.40.206) do not generate some Action URLs reliably. When dialing and the handset is still onhook, the phone does not generate the events "outgoing call" or "terminated".
- An outgoing call may not be displayed until the target has accepted the call. Or the outgoing call is initially displayed without a number.
- If you dial manually on the phone, you should first pick up the handset and then dial the number, so that the phone correctly reports the Action URLs.
The following functions can not be controlled by CTI:
- Call hold
- Setup consultation call / Transfer
- Unfortunately, with the firmware version 220.127.116.11, call answer via CTI does not work any more ("command not found"). With firmware version 18.104.22.168, call answer was working.
Grandstream is a registered trademark of Grandstream Networks, Inc. http://www.grandstream.com