The automatic program update allows an administrator to keep a larger number of CTI Client installations up to date.
The condition is that the corresponding CTI Clients are installed from a Setup, created by "Build Setup".
To enable automatic updates, the following settings in the Setup generator must be chosen:
- The setup must be of type "Network Setup".
- The option "Automatic Program Update" must be activated.
- In the Update settings the update interval must be specified (eg daily).
- The option "Use update service" must be activated (allows automatic updates without admin rights).
- The option "If an update is found:" must be set to "Download and install...".
- The update path entered in field "Setup directory" must be accessible to the appropriate Clients and the update service. The path is provided as a UNC path to the "Update Service" running with system privileges.
- The CTI Client checks after each program start with a delay of 5 minutes if a new software version is available. It is based on the settings defined by the setup generator. This includes, among other things, the update interval (eg daily) and the path used for searching for updates.
- If an update is found, the CTI Client uses the "Update Service" to update the program directory. At first, the new program directory will be created in parallel to the existing program directory with the extension "_update_pending".
- During the next system shutdown process, the previous and the new program directory will be renamed accordingly. The previous program directory receives the extension "_old".