This page briefly summarizes the settings to be made in order to integrate folders from an LDAP server.
Hint: The CTI Client initially only supports read access to the LDAP server.
An LDAP folder is linked via:
- [PhoneBook > New > New Folder-Linking... > Outlook, ODBC, Textfiles...]
- In the "Type of data source" dialog, select the entry [LDAP].
- In the dialog "Name and Content" you can change the suggested folder name and contents type if necessary.
- With "Next" a dialog "Select folder from LDAP tree structure" appears.
- Here, the connection to the LDAP server must be configured with "New ...".
The "University of Washington" is also available as a configuration example.
- You can enter the required folder path to your contacts manually or "Select...".
Example: "ou=Art History,ou=Students,ou=People,o=University of Washington,c=US"
- A fixed column structure is built up based on the "attributes/data" of the first data records. It may be necessary to enlarge the scan area in order to capture all the required attributes.
- In the dialog "Column Selection" you can vote out not required columns. Hint: If possible, a data record ID column should also be selected (e.g. uid or entryUUID).
- In dialog "Column Properties" the columns have to be typecast by their contents.More infos...
- In the "Cache" dialog you should keep the default settings and close the dialog with "Finish".
- => The LDAP folder is now visible in the folder structure.
If you want to link several LDAP tables in xtelsio, then repeat the procedure accordingly.
Later modifications of the folder settings:
- Right-click the folder and choose [Properties (folder)].
Adapt data mask individually:
- To do this, select a data record from the linked LDAP folder and open the associated data mask using the F2 key or the context menu.
- By the right tool button you can switch the data form in the editor's mode and arrange the fields by own requirements.