Hints: The special functions for ACT! are included only in the professional version.
Steps to link ACT! contacts:
- [PhoneBook > New > New Folder-Linking... > Outlook, ODBC, Textfiles...]
- Choose in dialog "Type of Data Source" the entry [ACT!].
- In the dialog "Name and Content" you can change the suggested folder name and contents type if necessary.
- In dialog "Data Source" you have to select the ACT! database.
- In dialog "Column Selection" you can select additional columns or vote out not required ones. You can keep the defaults in first step (changes are still possible later).
- In the first you should also accept the defaults in dialogs "Column Properties"and "Cache".
- Hitting [Finish] finishs the dialog sequence.
- => the ACT! contacts are visible in the folder structure now.
ACT! saves the country code in an extra data field that the CTI Client cannot read directly.
- The CTI Client therefore supplements the country code based on the country name from the respective contact data record.
The country name must be entered for data records with international numbers.
Change binded columns/fields:
- By default the fields with information about the name and address, phone, email and homepage are binded.
- To change binded columns, click with the right mouse key on the folder and choose [Properties (folder)].
- Now you can bind additional columns or vote out not required columns in Tab "Column Selection".
- In Tab "Column Properties" you have to set the content type and the category for the new columns. More infos...
Adapt data mask individually:
- Select a record in the linked ACT! folder and open the accompanying data mask by F2 key or context menu.
- You can use the tool button to switch the input mask to editor mode and arrange the fields according to your own requirements. More infos...
Refresh view of changed records (synchronisation):
If records have been modified, added or deleted in ACT!, these changes are not visible immediately in xtelsio CTI Client, because of data cache. To make changes visible, the following synchronisation modes are supported:
- manual synchronisation of the complete folder: Mark in the folder and press the functional key F5. Then all changed records are read in anew. If you press F5 within 5 seconds again, the folder is completely read in anew.
- manual synchronisation of a record: If you stand in the folder structure on a record and hit the F5 key, this record is read in anew. A record is likewise read in anew if it's opened in the data form.
- Automatic synchronisation of the complete folder: By default, linked folders are synchronised once per week. The synchronisation interval can be adapted individually via [Folder > Properties > Cache].
Tip: Open contact directly in ACT!:
A click on the button left to opens the contact for further actions directly in ACT!. The same function is also available via record context menu.
There are three ways to dial phone numbers:
- Using "Dial" button of ACT!:
- You have to configure the dial settings of ACT! first via: [Tools > Preferences > Communication > Dialer Preferences > Use dialer]
- Select the "CTI Client TAPI-Connector" in drop down box " Modem or Line".
- With [Location > Properties...] you define your own location settings.
- The field "Search contact by caller ID" should not be selected. How to treat incoming calls, is described below.
- In the CTI Client, you have to set the check box [Options > Telephony > Dialing from within other applications > Activate CTI Client TAPI-Connector].
- If you click now on the "Call" button from ACT!, the dial-dialog opens. A double click on the desired number then initiates the call.
Hint: If the ACT! dial-window is closed during the connection, the next connection no longer works and ACT! must be restarted. After the connection is completed, and the dial-window can be closed.
Incoming calls are indicated via phone popup window.
- A click on the button opens the contact data mask of xtelsio CTI Client.
- The data mask can be opened with a an incoming phone call also automatically - see folder option: [Context menu of the folder > Properties (folder) > Properties]
- A click on the button to the left opens the contact for further actions directly in ACT!. (Screenshot with example for Outlook contact)
Note on ACT! Plugin: The plugin is used to display a contact in the ACT!. The plugin will be installed the first time you try to open a contact in ACT!.
Sage, the Sage logos, ACT!, and the Sage product and service names mentioned herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sage Software, Inc., or its affiliated entities.