If you want to access a TAPI device of another computer in xtelsio CTI Client you can use the xtelsio CTI Server for that.
The following scenarios are supported by the CTI Server
- In conjunction with a 3rd party TAPI driver of your telephone system:
- Control your own telephone via the CTI Server.
- Monitoring / BLF of other TAPI devices.
- In conjunction with local TAPI on the Clients or locally connected phones:
- Monitoring / BLF of other CTI Clients via a group in the CTI Server.
- If necessary, the CTI Server can also be installed on another client PC in order to access its TAPI driver.
Configure CTI Server
- See: CTI Server
Connect CTI Client to CTI Server
- The CTI Server Connector is to be activated at:
[Options > Customize > Components and Plugins > CTI Server].
Then restart the client.
- Create and configure a new "CTI Server connection" under [Options > CTI Server].
- Under [Options > PhoneDialog (TAPI device)] click "Select TAPI device".
In the following dialog the CTI Server should be displayed to the left.
Then select your TAPI device on right side.